Pageless Books and Success

A Journal of the Creation, Building, Opportunities and Successes of the Home-Based Business Ventures!

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Type-Casting!

Today, I decided to help myself in an area that is detrimental to doing business on-line. In fact, I would say that most of us in internet businesses suffer from this problem. The problem:

Slow Typing or
Can't Type at all Disease!

Yes, I am a horrible typist, but this has got to change. Think about it. I
type 30 words a minute on a good day. Knowing that most of my work involves the keyboard, I could probably double my productivity and finish more products just by learning to type.


So I have decided to
learn how to type faster. It may not be easy, but it has to be done.

Check out the research that I found:

  • Dr. Warner found that, "Hunting and pecking require conscious attention to what the fingers are doing. Consequently, students spend more time concetrating on how to keyboard than on material they are composing. Students who are capable touch keyboarders can concetrate on problem solving and composing rather than on mechanics.
  • In 1929-32, Dr. Ben D. Wood of Columbia University and Dr. Frank N. Freeman completed a two year study showing that the classroom with a typewriter showed an increased in the students' language skills. "Even at the end of the first year, children who used typewriters outperformed non-typing children in reading, spelling, composition and vocabulary. No evidence was found of poorer penmanship."
  • William E. Cooper, in Cognitive Aspects of Skilled Typewriting (1983), found, " the development of typing skill in school children is linked with improved learning in spelling, vocabulary and written composition."

Ok, so the bottom line is that, if I doubled my typing speed, I would double my productivity. I would love that! So, I am going to try a typing program that I found on Clickbank and I will let you know if it's any good or not. Check it out at


Home Typer

-Rob